Wharton Global Youth Program
Wharton Global Youth Program: the Wharton Global High School Investment Competition - Deadline September 16, 2022
Wharton Global Youth Program: the Wharton Global High School Investment Competition!
The competition is a free, English-based, online investment simulation for high school students and teachers. Together, they learn about teamwork, communication, risk, diversification, company and industry analysis, and many other important aspects of investing.
Details about the 2022-2023 competition:
- Open to any high school student, age 14-18
- Teams must be comprised of students (4-7) from the same school
- Teams are required to have an advisor and the advisor must be a teacher/educator at the school
- Trading runs for 10 weeks (September 26 - December 2, 2022)
- Teams manage portfolios of $100,000 in virtual cash
- Two competition deliverables: midterm and final written report
- The Top 50 teams across the competition will be selected as semifinalists
- Winners are selected on the strength, creativity and articulation of their strategies and competition experiences, not on the growth of their portfolios.
The deadline to register is September 16.
The top 10 teams from the semifinals are invited to present their strategies to a panel of judges during a special global finale event in Philadelphia in April 2023. Learn more about last year’s Semifinalists and Global Finalists.
You can find important details, dates, as well as helpful resources and tools here: https://globalyouth.wharton.upenn.edu/investment-competition/.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.